Undergraduate training and internship
Professional undergraduate training and internship for high school and university students in Russia and abroad. World Open Labs Project.
Enrollment for Undergraduate training and internship
"Albion" students get certificates after their internship on the Supercomputer "Lomonosov" from the scientific adviser, RAS corresponding member V.Voevodin (on the right)
The unique opportunity to achieve students’ dream to work with prominent scientists and professionals has now become real thanks to the initiative World Open Laboratories, expressed by ALBION Company which gained momentum with the assistance of partners, among which there are well-known laboratories of the Russian and overseas universities and institutes of the Russian Academy of Science, global players and big banks.
Since June 2018 we accept applications from High school (starting from 16 years old) and university students, studying in Russia and abroad for the organization of short-term (3-12 weeks) and long-term (3-12 months) internships and undergraduate trainings in different specializations.
Enrollment for Summer-2020 is open for the internship/undergraduate training in the wide range of scientific topics.
Acknowledgement to Alexander Oganesian (Queen Mary University of London) after his internship in RosEurobank, IT Departmen
Our project “World Open Labs” which started in June 2018 and supported by famous scientists, current members of the Russian Academy of Science and a number of professors from foreign universities, helps to open the doors of international leading research centres and large companies to high school and university students. And the first steps towards it were made in summer 2017 and became a success. Our students shared their stories in their interviews published by TASS (Russian leading news agency) with the participation of Albion which you can read in our site.
In autumn 2018, Albion launched a long-term internship program for the academic year 2018-2019 on the basis of RAS institutes, Russian and foreign universities, and multinational companies. Spheres - physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, programming and computer technology, derivatives, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions. The extra-intramural form of internships showed itself as more effective as it includes mandatory distance learning for practice with a tutor and a supervisor, project implementation during an in-person session, and presentation of the thesis; This format is especially useful for those who already receives education abroad, taking into account the preferences provided by foreign universities to internships for students and high school students.
Organization of a specialized undergraduate training/internship in serious research institutions, prominent companies or universities, particularly abroad, is a very demanding task. Time and energy inputs are the same as if you apply for a Bachelor degree at highly ranked universities or often even higher. The number of candidates is sometimes twice higher than the number of vacant positions. To become an intern in a reputed laboratory, supervised by a well-known professor, is rather hard even for promising students of the home university, not to mention external undergraduates and high school students. At the same time, the importance of a high quality vocational training, including for the job placement purposes, is well realized by the students and their parents.
Work in an outstanding scientific, engineering or economic school is a priceless privilege, pushing the student towards more deliberate study of theoretical disciplines, improving their analytical thinking, making them acquainted with work in a team of intellectuals, modeling a self-sufficient and enthusiastic person.
Together with the chance to take the first steps in their professional careers and become almost equal participants of the most current research and development, interns enrich their CVs and get a chance to participate in scientific publications. With the assistance of scientists and professionals of international level, students are much quicker to gain experience and knowledge that cannot be obtained in a standard curriculum.
Every training/internship is an individual project, adapted to the student’s level of knowledge; conducted according to the personalized participant’s request and his curator’s requirements. The candidates are accepted for training under allocated quota and on a paid basis, according to the recipient’s conditions and provider’s charges.
The procedure for organizing and holding undergraduate training/internship:
Academician Alexander Sigov supervises a student's work in a research laboratory of MIREA
- Early application (mailing CV and motivation letter) to ALBION Company: within a 10-11 months if you would like to compete for a place in highly ranked laboratories/companies.
- ALBION searches for suitable variants of internship under allocated quota in accordance with the request, student’s qualification and terms of the existing contract.
- The student is interviewed by the head of laboratory/company to preliminary confirm appointment.
- The laboratory/company negotiates exact dates and costs of the training/internship as well as other essential conditions with the students.
- The student (sponsor) pays the invoice issued in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract signed with a laboratory/company.
- The laboratory/company provides the student with a research advisor and personal curator to prepare for training/internship, to be educated and supported during training/internship, to keep track of the student’s educational development before and after training/internship.
- The student performs the agreed task, discusses the work results with the research advisor/personal curator and receives a detailed report/certificate upon completion of the training/internship.
- Successful students can be enrolled into candidates pool or (in respect to laboratories) to act as a contributing author of the research article based on performance and to continue cooperation with the laboratory.
The "Albion" Сompany is entered in the Unified Federal Register of tour operators of Russia, and in accordance with the Legislation of the Russian Federation possesses the necessary financial security (Civil Liability Insurance Contract).
Albion is the only specialized company in the segment of educational tourism, whose activities are insured by a financial guarantee of 50 million rubles (~ 800000 USD), by participation in the industry Reserve Fund and in the Association "Tour Help".
To communicate with us is very convenient. This is an important factor, because you have to keep in touch with the "Albion" more than one month. Our office is located in the heart of Moscow - in a modern Business Center on Malaya Dmitrovka street.
- Темы научной летней практики для старшеклассников и студентов на 2024 год
- Суперкомпьютерная школа на базе НИВЦ МГУ
- Отзывы о пройденной практике
- Undergraduate training and internship
- Professionelle Studentenpraxis und Praktikum in den besten Firmen und Laboratori
- Le stage unique
- Prácticas y pasantía